Growing Generous Church is a resource designed to help churches reflect on and develop a culture of generosity in the broadest sense, and also in the practice of giving, particularly financial giving. It is structured around 5 key areas relating to generosity and provides questions to prompt reflection and discussion, ideas and suggestions for growing generosity in each area. Each key area enables a church to identify aspects of local culture, or “how we do things here” and practical ideas for growth and development. If you want to find out more about using the resource in your church please contact the Generous Giving Team.
Download a copy of the Growing Generous Church Booklet here.
Below is a list of ideas that can help your church explore, develop and grow each of the areas:
Rooted in discipleship
- Training: teaching and preaching on generous giving
- Giving in Grace preaching notes on Matthew, Mark, Luke, Exodus and Corinthians
- Journey of generosity one day retreat – request to run one by contacting the Generous Giving Team
- Small group five week study resource:
- Living generously: seven reflections on Mary anointing Jesus’ feet
Enabling all to give
- Parish Giving Scheme
- Contactless card machine
- Legacy policy template
- Order free legacy literature to have available in church
- Encouraging young people to grow in generosity
- Bread themed prayer stations for primary schools (Resource originally creaed and used in 2018)
Giving Renewal - How to Guide
We've put together some resources for your community to encouring giving from those in your local area...
- For a village context:
- For a town/city context:
- For more details about the Parish Giving Scheme click here or download an infomation leaflet here.
Engaging and valuing our givers
- Church of England giving information and resources
Embedded in who we are
- Giving in Grace prayer and liturgy resources
- Generous Theology Article
Creative and always growing
- Bread themed prayer stations for growing generosity during Harvest (Resources orginally created and used in 2018)
- Bread festival guide for sharing stories of generosity during Harvest (Resources orginally created and used in 2018)