(3 days plus Sundays)
Come and Join us on Our Journey!
The Bishop of Leicester is seeking to appoint a Rector to the Fenn Lanes Benefice. We are a rural setting of five villages, located in the south-west of Leicestershire, on the border with Warwickshire. We have good relationships with our three village church schools and are keen to deepen our mission with children and their families.
To this end, we seek a person who:
- will work with the existing leadership team to deliver services and minister to our communities.
- is enthusiastic, innovative and willing to try new things - promoting enjoyment in our faith and in our churches.
- will encourage, inspire and empower us to develop our spiritual gifts and ministries.
- is supportive of our endeavors to bring our communities together for a variety of social events - within and outside the church.
- is keen to work with children and young people.
- will embrace the Diocesan Shaped by God Together process and Minster Communities.
- will guide us through the changing landscape of parish ministry.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Archdeacon of Loughborough: Ven. Claire Wood, 07534 225493, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms and parish profile are available below:
Closing date for applications: Wed 1 February
Interviews: Tues 28 February
This post is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure There is An Occupational Requirement for the appointed person to be an ordained member of the Church of England under the 2010 Equality Act, Part 1, Schedule 9.